Tagged by Diana Allandale
Here are the rules:
(1) Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
(2) People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
(3) At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
(4) Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1) Former Naval Officer. I served on the USS Wisconsin, BB-64, a WW2 era battleship they brought out of mothballs in the 1980s. I was assigned to the engineering department but loved to be on the bridge while underway. I also spent some time at the Naval Air Station in Keflavik, Iceland before I resigned my commission.
2) Had my first beer last November! No, I’m not a tea totaler or a panty waist. Up til that point I drank all sorts of wines, Champagnes and mixed drinks but never developed a taste for beer. Now I’ve added beer to my menu 🙂 .
3) Snickers bars. Food of the gods. End of story.
4) I could easily be a member of MENSA, but every person I’ve met in that organization has been an ass or maladjusted in relation to normal social interactions. No Thanks.
5) I am extremely loyal to my friends and causes, sometimes to a fault. I’ve been at odds defending somebody I know is not a bad person and conversely I get extremely disappointed when no one comes to defend me from attacks. Perhaps I am naive when I expect people to reciprocate my level of devotion and committment I display towards them. It has been my singlemost source of pain in SL to date.
6) I’ve been called a mentor and a matchmaker by friends. Sometimes I cannot help myself and I go all out to teach something or make someone feel welcome and wanted. That may be the reason my friends list gets so big! I also seem to have this knack for introducing people to other people that lead to successful partnerships and enterprises. This is true for a lot of people. How many do you know in SL that if you did not meet them then you’d certainly not be where you are now?
7) Grudges. I have cordial relations with most everyone in SL. A few relationships have been rocky, but they have evened out in the long run. There are a few a**holes who have gone out of there way to harm me and as far as I am concerned they can just rot in hell as far as I am concerned. I fail to understand how supposed adults can treat each other so callously and without remorse. It is nice to note that in two cases said persons have been hoisted by their own petards and become abject failures in SL, pariahs even. Serves them right.
8) I make maps and various other geospatial datasets for a living.
I’m at a loss as to who I can tag, I’m several days late into this meme so most everyone I am familar with has done it or declined. If you read this and like my blog then please feel like you’ve been tagged by me 🙂 .